An ex-middle school teacher in Southeast Texas has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for having a sexual relationship with a student.
A judge in Beaumont sentenced 51-year-old Timothy Russell Verdon, who formerly taught at Hamshire-Fannett Middle School in Beaumont.
Investigators say the girl was 15 when she met Verdon in 2008.
Verdon in March pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a child and to an improper relationship between an educator and student.
He was sentenced Monday to 15 years on each count, with the prison terms to be served concurrently.
- Local News
- Monroe announces retirement from Lamar State College-Port Arthur
- Foundation takes Ned life skills students Christmas shopping
- PA deadline nearing for industrial agreements
- Monroe to retire from Lamar State College-Port Arthur
- Nederland Police calls, Nov. 25 through Dec. 1
- Filing frenzy boosted by Walker's exit
- Under the microscope
- Hellion headed to Sundance, film shot in Mid-County
- PN-GISD decides not to allow grading change
- Rain to continue tonight, sunny skies for Tuesday
- More Local News Headlines