Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from March 20 through March 26
Wednesday, March 20
• A violation of the noise ordinance was reported in the 6100 block of Hansen.
• A Low boy trailer was stolen from the 6700 block of Jefferson.
Thursday, March 21
• A juvenile was arrested for assault/family violence in the 3100 block of Allison.
Friday, March 22
• Two 12-inch Kicker Solo-Baric speakers, speaker equipment and an Alpine CD player were stolen from a vehicle in the 2211 block of Berry.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
• A Beretta Tomcat .32 semi-automatic and a Taurus .380 semi-automatic pistols were stolen from the 5400 block of Marion.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued to a person in the 3800 block of Main Avenue after he attempted to remove wire from an electrical panel box.
• A black colored Taurus semi-automatic pistol and a gold colored Motiva watch were stolen from a house in the 6300 block of Capital.
• An individual was cited for disorderly conduct in the 6700 block of 32nd Street.
• A vehicle was unlawfully entered in the 5800 block of West Jefferson.
Saturday, March 23
• A 19-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants and was found to be in possession of alcohol in the 5900 block of South.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for driving under the influence by a minor in the 5500 block of 39th Street.
• A vehicle in the 5800 block of West Jefferson was entered and the contents rummaged through.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3800 block of Canal.
Sunday, March 24
• A 25-year-old female was arrested on outstanding PAPD warrants in the 4500 block of Twin City Highway.
• A 27-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Port Neches Police Department warrants in the 5100 block of East Parkway.
• A 21-year-old female was arrested on outstanding PAPD warrants in the 5100 block of East Parkway.
• Six C-channel steel beams and a front end axle were stolen from the 4800 block of Pure Atlantic Road.
• Stereo equipment was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6200 block of Mire.
Monday, March 25
• A 42-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Nederland PD warrants in the 6000 block of Main.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3200 block of East Drive and a criminal trespass warning notice was issued.
• A men’s wallet was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was served on a person in the 5200 block of Wilson.
• A vehicle parked in the 4600 block of Twin City Highway was struck by a vehicle that left the scene.
• An assault report was made in the 2100 block of Perry.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6600 block of Terrell.
• A bicycle was reported stolen from the 5200 block of Wilson and was later recovered.
Tuesday, March 26
• Medication was stolen from the 5100 block of East Parkway.
• A 32-year-old male was arrested on an outstanding Nederland warrant when officers were called about a suspicious person in the 5100 block of East Parkway.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 123
Offense reports filed — 32
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 6
TIP OF THE WEEK
When approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle or tow truck displaying flashing lights, you must vacate the lane closest to the emergency vehicle, or reduce your speed 20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports