The Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Jan. 29 through Feb. 4
Wednesday, Jan. 29
• Criminal mischief was reported in the 4800 block of Kent in which a 2005 Nissan Maxima was egged.
• A resident reported the forgery of several unauthorized checks for more than $500.
• A citizen reported that more than $200 in charges were debited by an out-of-state business, from a local Credit Union account without consent.
• Burglary in progress was reported in the 5100 block of Lawndale. Several suspects were apprehended and items were recovered.
• While on patrol in the area of Montrose and 25th Street, an officer stopped a vehicle on a traffic offense. After a routine warrant check, the 26-year-old male passenger was arrested on outstanding City of Groves Warrants.
• Unauthorized use of a debit card for more than $60 from a local credit union was reported.
Thursday, Jan. 30
• Texas License plate 22ZSPL was stolen from a utility trailer in the 6700 block of 39th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive at a local apartment complex.
• Criminal mischief was reported to a home in the 4800 block of Wilson in which a brick was thrown through a window in the garage causing damage of more than $500.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6200 block of 25th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 4600 block of Boyd Avenue.
Friday, Jan. 31
• While on routine patrol in the 3900 block of Taft Ave., an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic offense at the intersection of Howe and Taft. Upon a routine warrant check of the driver, a 54-year-old female was arrested for outstanding Port Arthur warrants, and the passengers, a 30-year-old female and a 29-year-old male were both arrested for outstanding Justice of the Peace warrants.
• An LG 47- inch TV, Dell laptop computer and a purse was stolen from a residence in the 4800 block of Lawndale.
• A Taurus Model 85 pistol was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5900 block of Martin.
• Copper wiring and freon were stolen from an air conditioning unit in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 2700 block of First Avenue after a substance was put in a vehicle gas tank.
• A 20-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 6600 block of 39th Street.
Saturday, Feb. 1
• A 49-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur warrants in the 3000 block of Twin City Highway.
• Tools were stolen from a building in the 6100 block of Jefferson.
• A 20-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Groves Police Department warrants after a traffic stop in the 3300 block of West Parkway.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3700 block of Lincoln Avenue.
Sunday, Feb. 2
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle parked was reported in the 3700 block of Lincoln.
Monday, Feb. 3
• A 46-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication and evading arrest in the 2600 block of First Avenue.
• Someone broke the rear window on a vehicle parked in the 6600 block of Howe.
Tuesday, Feb. 4
• A disturbance was reported in the 4600 block of Boyd.
• A disturbance was reported in the 2100 block of Orange Acres.
• Two vehicles received damage in the 2700 block of Berry.
• A men’s wallet was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of Boyd.
• Keys were stolen from a parked vehicle in the 2300 block of Crescent.
• A report of threats received was made.
• Burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 3100 block of Boyd.
• A men’s wallet was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 2700 block of First Avenue.
• A Garmin GPS was stolen from a vehicle in the 2900 block of Boyd.
• A driver struck a vehicle parked in the 6000 block of 39th Street and then left the scene.
• Money was stolen from a vehicle in the 2400 block of Little John.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 120
Offense reports filed — 42
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 1
TIP OF THE WEEK
Teach children about bullying and cyber bullying. Let them know that this is wrong and how to report it to a parent or a teacher.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports