PAnews.com, Port Arthur, Texas

Local News

April 18, 2013

Alarm raised when two Lamar University students lose consciousness

BEAUMONT — One Lamar University student was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Beaumont after passing out in the Cherry Engineering Building, LU public relations director Brian Sattler said.

Dispatch reports the student struck their head after losing consciousness. Another student who witnessed the incident also collapsed upon seeing blood. The second student was cleared and did not receive further medical attention.

A professor who also witnessed the incident pulled the building's fire alarm in the event of a dangerous substance being released. However, the building has received the all clear.

Sattler said that the incident's proximity to yesterday's flash fire at ExxonMobil is merely coincidence.

"There is no connection to anything that happened yesterday," he said. "It’s coincidence that we had two things happen in such a close period."

Email: ecallahan@panews.com

Twitter: @ErinnPA

1
Text Only
Local News