PORT ARTHUR — The Greater Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce will be taking nominations from the public through Nov. 21 for the 2013 Small Business on the Year. The recipient of this award will be honored at the chamber’s 113th Annual Banquet, which takes place on Jan. 22. The public may nominate themselves, but they must be members of the Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce. Nomination forms can be found on the chamber’s website, www.portarthurtexas.com.
- Local News
- UPDATE: Bond set at $50,000 for BC shooting suspect
PAISD accepts TEA reprieve from 2014-2015 testing standards
The Port Arthur Independent School District Board of Trustees accepted an offer, Thursday, from the Texas Education Agency to suspend portions of standardized testing standards, which prevent a student from advancing to the next grade if they do not meet sufficient academic achievement, for the 2014-2015 school year.
PAISD board votes to reconfigure Washington, DeQueen elementary schools
The Port Arthur Independent School District will reconfigure Booker T. Washington and DeQueen elementary schools. The PAISD Board of Trustees voted 6-1 for the reconfiguration, Thursday, with Trustee Gregory Flores opposing a separate agenda item.
- TAMS July artists reflect diverse styles
- Glory B’s opens its doors in Nederland
- Update: Police release new details of Bridge City shooting
PAISD, Alumni Community Group collaborate for teamwork workshop
The workshop is a first step in collaboration between the Alumni Community Group and Port Arthur Independent School District. The workshop served PAISD JumpStart students at Lee Elementary.
- Port Neches Police calls, July 15 through July 21
- DPS trooper released from hospital after being struck by vehicle
- Two Mauriceville residents arrested for meth, firearms
- More Local News Headlines