PORT ARTHUR — The Greater Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce will be taking nominations from the public through Nov. 21 for the 2013 Small Business on the Year. The recipient of this award will be honored at the chamber’s 113th Annual Banquet, which takes place on Jan. 22. The public may nominate themselves, but they must be members of the Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce. Nomination forms can be found on the chamber’s website, www.portarthurtexas.com.
- Local News
- Ned senior center closed by rain damage
- Ned fire chief looks to future in budget
- PACC approves city manager profile
- Big projects ahead for Ned parks and rec
- PA water line being repaired; pressure problems continue
Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim
After another drowning accident at Keith Lake cut, the small channel where the lake runs under the bridge, Saturday, the popular fishing hole is starting to gain a different reputation. Fishermen know that if they fall in the water, there’s a good chance they’ll be leaving in a body bag.
- Forecasters eye system in Central Atlantic
- Hotel blaze believed deliberately set
- ZeoGas looking at other locations favorably
- Man dies in strong current at Keith Lake
- More Local News Headlines