- Letters to the Editor
- District 36 voters have many choices...or not
- Sanitation workers give display of Americanism
Should Obama get credit or blame?
In a long Saturday Nov. 12 feature column, the writer suggested that President Obama "could only take credit or blame for those things that are the result of his ideas." He then listed twelve items for consideration in making that assessment. An only slightly edited version of those twelve items will make them more useful for that purpose and that version follows. (1) President Obama inherited Bush's Great Recession....which had actually been created, not by Bush, but by a failed seventy year experiment in socialism. (2) He stabilized the banking system....using borrowed money. (3) He extended unemployment benefits....using borrowed money. (4) He reduced taxes....using borrowed money. (5) He signed a health-care law....funded by borrowed money. (6) A nuclear arms treaty was signed with the Soviet Union....which had been defeated by Ronald Reagan twenty years ago. (7) Job loss steadily decreased and eventually has resulted in job gains....among government workers and funded by borrowed money. (8) Obama saved the three American auto companies....using borrowed money. (9) He passed a stimulus plan....using borrowed money. (10) Several Al Qaeda leaders were killed....by our remarkable military teams trained during the Bush Administration. (11) The President is trying to solve the nation's short and long-term economic problems....using borrowed money. (12) President Obama has been willing to compromise....in order to raise taxes or borrow more money.
Based on the writer's list, does President Obama deserve credit or blame?
- From Internet taxes to the FLEA Party
- Our children need protection
- Congratulations on UIL marching contest
- Gov. Perry shows lifetime of commitment to America
- Victim’s wife thanks jury members
- Sunday page covered many topics
- Local family SHAREs home with Belgium student
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines