PORT ARTHUR —
The Groves Affair of the Arts Committee, along with the Groves Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Center are co-sponsoring the 2011 Affair of the Arts which will be held on Saturday, April 2nd, 10:00 a.m. until dark.
One of the main focuses will be on local artists who design and create their own pieces of artwork, which will be showcased within the gates of Celebration Park, located at 4411 Lincoln Ave. This includes, but is not limited to, painting, sketching, stained glass, quilting, jewelry, a selection of different genres of music, etc.
Also included will be a film festival featuring short films by the Lamar University Film Association. They will be shown throughout the day at the Courtyard Café.
Additionally, all other types of businesses/vendors such as antiques, arts/crafts, food, general information, street performers, music, etc. will extend the event down Lincoln Avenue through downtown to Washington Blvd. Featured will be the sounds of the Jazz Innovators from Beaumont, Texas. There is no charge for admission.
If you have any questions, need more information, or wish to take part in this event as an art, craft, or food vendor, please call the Groves Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Center office at (409) 962-3631 or Kizmet Studio at (409) 962-9300.
PORT ARTHUR —
- Rotary offers gumbo for a good cause
- Groves Library gets new look, new classes
- Study shows aging infrastructure affecting PN-GISD energy efficiency
- Groves Police calls, Jan. 29 through Feb. 4
- Groves burglary may be connected to area burglaries
- Venable takes title of Groves Chamber president
- Groves’ Manuel to hand over gavel
- Venable to bring experience to Groves chamber
- Data gives PN-GISD eyes into the future
- Groves Police calls, Jan. 8 through Jan. 14
- More Groves Headlines