PORT ARTHUR —
The Groves Affair of the Arts Committee, along with the Groves Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Center are co-sponsoring the 2011 Affair of the Arts which will be held on Saturday, April 2nd, 10:00 a.m. until dark.
One of the main focuses will be on local artists who design and create their own pieces of artwork, which will be showcased within the gates of Celebration Park, located at 4411 Lincoln Ave. This includes, but is not limited to, painting, sketching, stained glass, quilting, jewelry, a selection of different genres of music, etc.
Also included will be a film festival featuring short films by the Lamar University Film Association. They will be shown throughout the day at the Courtyard Café.
Additionally, all other types of businesses/vendors such as antiques, arts/crafts, food, general information, street performers, music, etc. will extend the event down Lincoln Avenue through downtown to Washington Blvd. Featured will be the sounds of the Jazz Innovators from Beaumont, Texas. There is no charge for admission.
If you have any questions, need more information, or wish to take part in this event as an art, craft, or food vendor, please call the Groves Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Center office at (409) 962-3631 or Kizmet Studio at (409) 962-9300.
PORT ARTHUR —
- Lawsuit continues in Renaissance Hospital issue
- Groves could gain new park
- PNG salary study reveals lows, highs
- Groves Police calls, April 9 through April 15
- Cheese please; Groves Library hosts cheese making class
- Groves to apply for Port Security Grant for fire station
- Community to remember spirited girl on Avery Day
- Groves Police calls, March 19 through March 25
- Groves Beautification Committee holds annual garage sale
- Groves to offer initiative to residents to replace sewer lines
- More Groves Headlines