Tuesday, Sept. 25
• A 26-year-old man was arrested on Groves warrants in the 6900 block of 39th Street.
• A disturbance lead to an arrest for assault in the 5500 block of Washington.
• A case of identity theft was reported.
• Two television sets, a computer and a Craftsman chainsaw were stolen from the 3700 block of Kinard. Two men were seen leaving with the items in a white Pontiac.
• An orange Ariens self propelled lawn mower and a yellow electric edger was stolen from a church in the 2300 block of W. Parkway.
• A vehicle received damage to the door in the 5700 block of 39th Street.
• A Sony digital camera and camcorder were stolen from a residence in the 5100 block of Simpson.
Monday, Sept. 24
• A 45-year-old man was arrested on Jefferson County warrants in the 4800 block of Twin City.
• A 37-year-old man was arrested for driving while intoxicated after the driver struck another vehicle in the 5200 block of Twin City Hwy.
• The ignition switch to a vehicle parked in the 2300 block of Owens was tampered with in an apparent theft attempt.
• Several checks were forged at a business in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• A 37-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication in the 5100 block of 32nd Street.
Sunday, Sept. 23
• A vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation in the 2600 block of Main Avenue and the driver was arrested for fail to identify and Jefferson County warrants.
• A 35-year-old man was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 5100 block of 25th Street.
• A 38-year-old man was arrested on Brazoria County warrants after officers investigated a disturbance call in the 5100 block of E. Parkway.
• A 30-year-old man was arrested on Nederland and Jefferson County warrants in the 5000 block of 32nd Street.
Saturday, Sept. 22
• Two vehicles received scratch marks while parked in the 5300 block of Gulfway.
• A 39-year-old man was arrested on Jefferson County warrants when the vehicle he was operating was stopped for a traffic violation.
• A 46-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication when he was seen walking in the roadway in the 2400 block of Main Avenue.
Friday, Sept. 21
• A 36-year-old man was arrested for assault in the 7200 block of Terrell.
• A 21-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication after officers received a report of a disturbance in the 6200 block of Jackson.
• Graffiti was painted on a building in the 3500 block of Main.
Thursday, Sept. 20
• A 32-year-old man was detained in a driving while intoxicated investigation after he was seen driving erratic in the 6400 block of Washington.
• A citizen in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive reported criminal mischief to a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon.
• A Craftsman 5500 generator was reported stolen out of a storage trailer in the 6300 block of Gulfway Drive.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
• A black Labrador Retriever, a blue bicycle and a fire pit were stolen from the back yard of a residence in the 3800 block of Grant.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• There were 61 miscellaneous calls for service assistance.
• There were 35 offense reports filed.
• There were five motor vehicle accidents investigated.
TIP OF THE WEEK:
Remember to observe the 20 miles per hour speed limit while traveling in our school zones.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports.
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- Rotary offers gumbo for a good cause
- Groves Library gets new look, new classes
- Study shows aging infrastructure affecting PN-GISD energy efficiency
- Groves Police calls, Jan. 29 through Feb. 4
- Groves burglary may be connected to area burglaries
- Venable takes title of Groves Chamber president
- Groves’ Manuel to hand over gavel
- Venable to bring experience to Groves chamber
- Data gives PN-GISD eyes into the future
- Groves Police calls, Jan. 8 through Jan. 14
- More Groves Headlines