Monday, Dec. 2
• A 46-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 4800 block of Twin City Highway.
• A 17-year-old male was arrested for possession of marijuana and fail to identify and a 19-year-old male was arrested on traffic violations and fail to identify in the 4900 block of 32nd Street.
• Interference with Child Custody was reported.
• A 31-year-old male was arrested for evading arrest in the 5100 block of West Parkway after officers were called about a possible intoxicated driver.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3600 block of Pure Atlantic.
• Animal cruelty was reported in the 3200 block of Graves after a dog was apparently shot in the leg.
• A Low Boy trailer and tools were stolen from the 6800 block of 32nd Street.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 4700 block of Twin City Highway.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6200 block of 25th Street.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
• A white Toyota 4-door struck a City of Groves utility vehicle and then left the scene in the 3100 block of Boyd.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for robbery. The victim reported that the suspect reached inside her vehicle in the 6900 block of 32nd Street and stole her purse. The victim then yelled for help and the suspect was confronted by witnesses who chased the suspect. The suspect was subsequently captured by Groves Police officers responding to the call. The suspect’s vehicle at the scene was found to have been stolen earlier in the morning from a business in Port Arthur.
• Identity theft was reported.
• A ladder was stolen from the 4500 block of Boyd.
• A 43-year-old male was arrested for driving while license invalid with previous conviction in the 2600 block of Twin City Highway.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 105
Offense reports filed — 37
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 2
TIP OF THE WEEK
Talk with children about internet safety when they begin to use a computer on their own or get their own mobile device. Discuss how they should not reveal personal information to anyone on the Internet, and if they ever come across anything that makes them uncomfortable, they should tell an adult immediately.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports