The Port Arthur News
Wednesday, Oct. 24
• Forgery of a check for $500.00 was reported by a citizen in the 3200 block of Oak Ave.
• Phone harassment was reported by a citizen in the 3200 block of Taft Ave.
• A local business in the 3800 block of Main Ave. reported the theft of over $5, 900.00 in store funds.
Thursday, Oct. 25
• Criminal mischief was reported by a citizen in the 6300 block of Val in which a window was broken in the residence.
• Telephone harassment was reported by a citizen in the 5000 block of Monroe.
• A disturbance was reported in the 4600 block of Boyd.
Friday, Oct. 26
• Theft of Halloween yard decorations valued at $50.00 was reported by a resident in the 4600 block of Wilson.
• Someone stole a decorative light pole and an address sign from a yard in the 5200 block of Grant.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
• The report of an injury to a child was made.
• A white Ford Mustang struck another vehicle parked in the 5100 block of E. Parkway and then left the scene.
• An 18 wheeler caused damage to a house when it pulled down cable lines in the 3000 block of Graves.
• Possession of a Controlled Substance was investigated.
Saturday, Oct. 27
• A Dog at Large complaint was made in the 2800 block of Oak.
• A Criminal Mischief report was made in the 5600 block of E. Parkway.
Sunday, Oct. 28
• A 27 year old male was arrested for Public Intoxication in the 4500 block of Twin City.
• A diamond ring, cash, knives and tools were stolen from a vehicle in the 4800 block of Beaumont.
• Power tools, a 10 speed bicycle, air compressor, gasoline tanks, valued at over $2,000 were stolen from the 6000 block of Martin.
• A Disturbance was reported in the 6700 block of 25th Street.
• Someone driving a black truck damaged property and then left the scene from the 4500 block of Twin City.
Monday, Oct. 29
• A check was stolen and then forged and cashed.
• A 27 year old male was arrested for Aggravated Assault after a disturbance in the 5000 block of Main.
• A 47 year old male was arrested for Public Intoxication and an outstanding Groves warrant in the 2600 block of First Avenue.
• A white male entered the lobby of a business in the 4100 block of Main and stole a charity bucket with coins in it.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
• The theft of funds reported in the 3700 block of E. Parkway.
• A 21 year old male was arrested for an outstanding Groves warrant and was then found to be in possession of marijuana in the 4800 block of Beaumont.
Tip of the week
Your best protection from unwanted telemarketers is to just hang up the phone. If you think that's rude, tell them politely that you are not interested, don't want to waste their time, and please don't call back — and then hang up.