GROVES — Groves Police responded to the following calls from May 28 through June 3
Wednesday, May 28
• Cruelty to animals was reported in the 6600 block of Howe after a dog was poisoned.
• Graffiti was painted on a water tower on Crescent at 25th Street.
• The theft of funds was reported at a business in the 5100 block of West Parkway.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a credit card account.
• A pot plant was stolen from the 6500 block of Madison.
Thursday, May 29
• A 59-year-old male and a 31-year-old female were arrested for possession of a controlled substance in the 5100 block of East Parkway.
• A silver Pandora bracelet was stolen from a vehicle in the 5200 block of 39th Street.
Friday, May 30
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued to a person in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• A report of harassment was made.
• A disturbance was reported in the 5200 block of Wilson.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 6000 block of Terrell.
• A 33-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 2600 block of Main Avenue.
• An assault was reported in the 2500 block of Berry.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 3800 block of Lay Avenue. Someone had scratched the vehicle and removed one of the exterior mirrors.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6900 block of 39th Street.
Saturday, May 31
• A disturbance was reported in the 5200 block of North Street.
• A robbery was reported in the 5000 block of 32nd Street. The victim had been shopping at that location and was placing items in her vehicle when a white male exited a red four door Ford truck and opened the door to her vehicle and removed her purse.
Sunday, June 1
• An assault was reported in the 6700 block of Coolidge.
• Shoplifting was reported in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• An assault was reported in the 6100 block of East Drive.
• A disturbance was reported in the 2100 block of Owens.
• A 26-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants in the 6100 block of East Drive.
• Two people were arrested on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop in the 3800 block of Main Avenue.