After nine years and more than 200 episodes, the landmark CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up Monday night with several twists in the story that left its fans sharply divided. Here is a sampling of viewer reaction.
HIMYM reaction on social media
Act 1 Scene 1 to present ‘Our Town’
Craig Bertrand wants to take Southeast Texas residents back to a “simpler time” — maybe even a “better time” — in order to immerse them in what truly matters. Bertrand is directing Act 1 Scene 1 Theatre Co.’s production of Thornton Wilder’s “Our Town,” which opens at First Christian Church, Friday, at 6:30 p.m.
Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70
Texas blues legend Johnny Winter, known for his lightning-fast blues guitar riffs, his striking long white hair and his collaborations with the likes of Jimi Hendrix and childhood hero Muddy Waters, has died. He was 70.
Museum of the Gulf Coast highlights ‘The Soul of Vietnam’
Vietnam has modernized, but our representation of Vietnamese culture and Vietnamese life has not. That’s what Lawrence D’Attillio aims to highlight in his photography exhibit, “The Soul of Vietnam: A Portrait of the North,” on display at the Museum of the Gulf Coast.
- Authorities: Trucker in Morgan crash hadn’t slept
- Microsoft teases new ’Crackdown,’ ’Halo’ at E3
- McCartney postpones some US tour dates to recover
- Maxwell plans for tour, new music & possible baby
Beloved novel packs a cinematic punch
“The Fault in Our Stars”
20th Century Fox Films
Directed by Josh Boone
Starring Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Willem Dafoe, Laura Dern, Nat Wolff and Mike Birbiglia
- A few ’inmates’ from ’Orange’ discuss prison life
- Singer Jason Derulo talks ’Dirty’
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Act 1 Scene 1 to present ‘Our Town’