New for lunch: Healthy meals at school
When the lunch bell rings at local schools, halls are filled with students rushing to be the first in line for whatever is on the menu. But now, instead of sweet snacks and pre-packaged meals, students are offered low-calorie, high-nutrition dishes.
New rules placed caps on calorie counts, require schools to offer fresh fruits and vegetables, and reduce sodium and trans-fat levels. The question now is: are the students eating?
- Area fundraisers for the week of November 8-14
- Memorial NJROTC students participate in annual inspection
- CMS to host Chamber coffee on Nov. 13
- Nederland Police blotter: Calls from Oct. 15-28
- Nederland Senior Line: Gospel singer to perform Friday
- YMCA announces upcoming events
- Ladies Night Out to support BC Project Graduation
- Fundraisers for Nov. 1
- Halloween Slideshow: Submit your photos Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our slideshow.
- More Communities Headlines
- New for lunch: Healthy meals at school