The Port Arthur News
PORT NECHES —
Spring flings are happening in Mid-County and the Port Arthur News invites readers to send information for this compilation.
Send items to email@example.com with Easter Roundup in the subject line.
* Bunny Breakfast - The Groves First United Methodist Church, 6501 Washington and Cleveland in Groves, will host the Annual Bunny Breakfast, 9 to11:30 a.m. Saturday, April 23, with pancakes, an egg hunt and crafts. 962-1076.
* Last Supper - Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church will present a re-enactment of the Last Supper at the Little League football field between 60th Street and Lician Adams Drive, at 5:30 p.m. Friday, April 22. A Journey to the Cross will follow at the Our Lady shrine on Ninth Avenue.
• Eggapalooza V — Magnolia Church, 2215 Nall St., Port Neches, will present Eggapalooza V at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 23. The event will include hundreds of prizes, thousands of eggs, candy everywhere, live music, moonwalks and a slide. Hunts are for various age groups and the grand prize is a Nintendo DSiXL. There will be links, drinks and popcorn.
• ‘Seven Last Words’ — St. Paul United Methodist Church, 821 Freeman Ave. (formerly Texas Avenue), Port Arthur, will present “Seven Last Words” from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, April 22. Come and hear the "Good News,” for a joyous time to fellowship and worship celebrating Christ. Contact St. Paul United Methodist Church to schedule transportation to the event (985-9977) or visit our website at www.stpaulumcportarthur.com
* Community egg hunt - Calvary Baptist Church will host a hunt from 2 to 4p.m. Saturday, April 23, at eagles Park, 59th Street and Hazel Avenue in Port Neches. There will be games, crafts and hot dogs.
• The Fourth Annual Easter Sunrise Service will be held in the Riverfront pavilion at 6:30 a.m. in Port Neches City Park on Sunday, April 24.
The program will include a welcome by the Port Neches Chamber of Commerce, the posting of the Colors by the VFW Post 4820 and the Pledge of Allegiance by Herb Stafford.
The Invocation by the Rev. Peter Cammarano of First United Methodist Church of Port Neches, sermon by the Rev. David Birdsong of Southside BaptistChurch and the benediction by the Rev. David Mafouz of First Baptist Church of Port Neches.
Coffee and refreshments will be served by the VFW Auxiliary before and after the service. The public is invited to attend the Sunrise Service and encouraged to bring lawn chairs.
• Easter Sunrise Service — Hosted by Greenlawn Cemetary, 3900 Twin City, at 6:30 am Easter Sunday morning. The Rev. Richard Turner from St. Paul Lutheran Church will lead the service and all denominations are invited to come. Please use the 39th Street entrance. Coffee and juice will be served after the services.