The Port Arthur News
• Thomas Jefferson Class of 1983 will hold a barbecue sale Saturday, Nov. 10, at Lucky’s Carwash on Gulfway Drive. Turkey legs, pork steak, links and smoked boudain will be sold.
• Saint Therese the Little Flower Catholic Church will be hosting its Christmas Treasures Gift Store on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012 (the weekend before Thanksgiving) at the Parish Hall located the corner of Garnet Ave and 63rd Street in Port Acres, starting at 9:00am to 6:00pm. This one day sale holds something for everybody from gifts to decorations for your home, to something sweet to eat. All items are created by our parishioners and are priced to sell.
• American Legion Rudolph Lambert Post No. 7 is currently seeking names and military addresses of local military members actively serving. Information will be used to send a gift from Southeast Texas. All proceeds and donated items will go directly to our troops. For more information, to submit a name or make a donation, call 983-6931.
• Knights of Columbus Council No. 3195, 6621 W. Port Arthur Road, hosts dinner sales from 4 to 7 p.m. Fridays. Fried fish or shrimp dinners are $7 each. Orders are available for dine-in or take-out. For more information, call Norris Simon at 736-3344.
• Port Arthur International Seafarers Center, 401 Houston Ave., is collecting items for its Christmas at Sea gift box program. Items needed include: Socks, toothpaste, envelopes, disposable razors and writing paper. Items may be dropped off at the Port Arthur Seafarers center or by calling Robert Collins at 982-4504.
• Trinity Lutheran Thrift Shop, 2400 Procter St., is open from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. All proceeds benefit mission work.
• The Attic Crossing, 3301 Medical Triangle Drive (32nd at Lombardy) offers name brand pre-owned clothing and shoes as well as new items such as fashion jewelry. Proceeds benefit the United Board of Missions Emergency Assistance Program. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• The Mission’s Attic, 3300 Twin City Highway, is open Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1-4 p.m. Proceeds benefit the United Board of Missions Emergency Assistance Program. The Attic offers a wide range of donated items such as clothing, furniture, shoes, seasonal items and more. Donated items are appreciated and will be used to help those less fortunate. Volunteers are always needed. Call 963-1163.
• The Salvation Army is opening a Thrift Store from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays at at 3145 25th St. Port Arthur. The proceeds go to help clients through the Army’s social service office, be it financial assistance or clothing assistance. The Thrift Store offers a range of new and used items such as clothing, appliances, brick brack, shoes, furniture and much more. Come shop or come give your new or used items to help serve those less fortunate in Jefferson and Mid Counties.
• Knights of Columbus Council 2461, 700 Central Drive, Port Neches, will host “Quick Cash” at 6 p.m. and bingo at 7 p.m. Mondays. For more information, call J.D. Mire at 722-7176.